Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My daily occurrences, my weekly thoughts, my monthly plans and my yearly reflections. Writing about life is easy. Living through it certainly is not.

Background
My name is Michael Rivera and I am a Filipino-Chinese, 18-year-old student living in Canterbury, but originally from Hong Kong. My parents divorced when I was two, and when I grew up, there were two sides of me: the wild, outdoorsy, gutsy side, and the conservative, intellectual, scholarly side. I spent two years living beside a beach in the countryside. It was then that I learned how to swim, how to fish and how to ride a bike. I love the outdoors, especially when having barbecues and hiking. Outside of that time, my more studious side of me reads, writes, and has a great interest in a broad range of subjects including: television and film, travel, anthropology, human cultures, linguistics, food and drink, psychology, philosophy, literature, forensics, Greco-Roman mythology, European history and politics, South American culture and geology. My deepest love goes to, well, my best friend. But the love that exists just a tiny fraction below that amount of love goes to television series, beautiful beaches, lime margaritas, and books considered classics.
Feel free to e-mail me if you have anything you want to share, suggest, criticize, inquire or comment on! :D
E-mail: scylla.michael.charybdis@gmail.com
Click here to get your own GeoGlobe!
7 comments:
You sound like a very frustrated man. When I quit drinking, I did it because I almost died. I was at some friends house drinking one night and they decided to get a gun out and show it to everyone. Because everyone was drunk, the gun accidently fired. All I remember is hearing a loud BANG..and my ears ringing...and then me falling down. Luckily no one was injured or killed. I had been leading a rather wild life; it was then that I decided I would quit drinking. I'm a mom too...so it had a big impact on me. How could I ever forgive myself if I died because I was drinking and being stupid...and leave my kids with no mom? GOOD Luck! :)
www.freedoms-fight.blogspot.com
www.mytitleofliberty.blogspot.com
Oh, Michael, don't give up! you just started! And of course you want to change your mind since drinking is a major habit. Give it a month. Usually a month is a enough time away from a habit to make clear decision.
Good luck with everything.
I have an alcoholic brother who finally stopped drinking. He'd been sober for almost a year when he decided that one drink would be okay.
Now he sneaks drinks because he thinks we still think he stopped...but I've caught him drunk (twice) in the last year).
I think it really depends on why you decided to stop. The thing is, if you've made this decision, changing your mind makes it an option next time you want to stop drinking. It makes it much harder to stop.
But if you're just not really ready to stop yet, then just be careful I guess; limit how much you have, although we all know that doesn't always work out too well.
Drinking isn't necessarily bad, if you aren't just getting blind drunk on a regular basis.
So I don't know. It's up to you, really. You can change your mind at any point during any one of those parties.
It's up to you, Michael. But, (hate starting a sentence with 'but')seriously, you should not have started in the first place. I hate to sound 'preachy' here, 'Don't you think you are a wee bit too young too young to be drinking alcohol. Your life is ahead and you have very bright prospects. Please don't ruin it with alcohol!' I had a friend who had a very bright future ahead but he ruined it with drinking.
Michael,
why do you put such strict rules upon yourself?
I don't get it!
I started my "countdown" of not drinking on my blog and stuck to it but I'm not tee total as I said I would end.
I say enjoy yourself. Have a couple of drinks.
Post a Comment